Roles & Responsibilities
- Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety.
- Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Implementing the preconstruction, construction, and commissioning and project closeout phases of onshore development project with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates, and deliverables.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
- Establish Project Quality plan and construction methods statements
- Is responsible for managing technical risks throughout the projects.
- Communicates and enforces Coding standards and Projects specifications.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Implement tools for: planning, document control, site material follow-up, material take off, and physical progress.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules
- Strong Leadership and communication skills required as well as Teamwork & Client Management
Qualifications & Experience
- 15 years’ experience in heavy construction Onshore sites like Gas Plant, LNG Plant, Refineries, Pipelines
- Construction Superintendent (offshore)
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with communities in the Niger Delta, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred