FABRICATION BU MANAGER
We are looking for a Fabrication Manager (Business Unit) to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the overall fabrication operations on the yard by offering technical and commercial leadership to perform as a Profit Center (Business Unit).
- Be responsible for the Balance Sheet of the BU including preparation of operational & development budgets.
- Prepare a long-term strategic plan and be responsible for achieving top and bottom lines as well as growth set by the executive management.
- Capable of identifying costs such as indirect, direct, fixed, variable, capital etc in order to arrive at actual unit cost of fabrication for all processes involved in the operations in consultation with Finance Department so that preparation of estimates for both internal and external clients can be facilitated.
- Capable of guiding the team in the preparation of offers/ quotations to clients, participation in the tenders and following up on enquiries to convert them into work orders.
- Familiar with computerized and user-friendly tracking system and material management on the yard including material traceability systems and inventory management.
- Ensure the effectiveness of already implemented ISO based Quality Management System in all operations and activities.
- Coordinate with QA & QC department in assessing the quality issues, conduct root-cause analysis and implement preventive and corrective actions.
- Coordinate with the yard and project managers in order to cater to their priority requirements and plan fabrication schedule and forecasting.
- Conduct market survey and develop new lines of fabrication activities to exploit market opportunities, including regular meeting with potential clients and registration of the company with new clients.
- Exceptional inter-personal & communication skills (both verbal & written), including negotiating, persuasive and presentation skills
- Skills in dealing with and developing potential clients, main contractors, industrial clients, consultants in the Oil & Gas industries.
- Practical application of HR, Finance, Operations and Strategic Management in the day to day business.
Qualifications & Experience
- 15 years’ experience in developing major fabrication yard facility and overviewing major onshore and offshore fabrication work
- BSC or BE or B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering or Production
- Engineering or Industrial Engineering plus an MBA or Post-Graduate degree (preferable)
- Professional Qualification
- Additional education may include specialized trainings, professional certifications, workshops and seminars relevant to industry.