HEAD OF MAINTENANCE
We are looking for a reliable Head of Maintenance to oversee all installation, repairs and upkeep operations of the company’s facilities. You will be the one to ensure that your colleagues have the best physical resources available to complete their duties according to budget.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Head of Maintenance will be the focal point for all technical and maintenance activities related to the assets and the requirements of the Production team to maximize production in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Create the preventive maintenance plan, to determine number and quality of staff required to man the preventive maintenance project.
- Develop the facility equipment inventory and to document the current equipment conditions and maintenance priority list.
- Develop the preventive Maintenance procedures and determine the maintenance schedule and maintenance triggers as well as the maintenance project duration.
- Train/mentor the maintenance team
- Supervise the CMMS service provider/ subcontractor to ensure optimal performance of the facility.
- Drive the company’s HSSEQ policies, ensuring compliance with company and other relevant authorities' requirements.
- Actively participate in incident investigations / root cause analysis along with other departments such as HSEQ.
- Provides operational programs which account for and dictate best HSE practice and to foster a solid HSE culture.
- Responsible for managing maintenance activities, integrity of assets and discipline engineering in order to deliver asset integrity and reliability within agreed budgets.
- Responsible for managing a wide variety of maintenance, discipline engineering, inspection, repair, risk assessment, and corrosion management technologies to ensure the Company’s Maintenance & Asset Integrity Management Programs are executed with optimal effectiveness.
- Develop, implement and maintain the engineering and maintenance procedures and management.
- Supporting the implementation of production uptime programs including Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance.
- Improve the preventative maintenance and breakdown maintenance strategies
- Review of maintenance procedures on all assets and offering solutions to improve equipment uptime.
- Take a critical assessment on the equipment and facilities and the updating of maintenance routines.
- Develop and manage the Planning process such as quarterly, Bi-annual or yearly and long term plans for all repairs and maintenance activities, life extension /modification activities, shutdown planning etc.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to understand technical solutions related to life extensions / modifications and provide feedback as required.
- Actively monitor maintenance with the aim to ensure continuous improvement regarding maintenance effectiveness.
- Provide budget proposals for repair and maintenance activities and provide monthly actual cost reporting for such activities.
- Maintain and manage relationship with regulatory authorities and monitor regulatory developments and ensuring compliance.
- Initiates and follows the actions of the quality improvement plan.
Qualifications & Experience
- 20 years’ experience in running Maintenance of major oil producing field, major oil & gas facility, out of which 10 years as in-charge of the Maintenance of the Facility
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Project Management Skills
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)