Roles & Responsibilities
- Execute Welding Engineering and construction activities, and to provide relevant expertise to the Project Team through all phases of the Project - from design, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up to hand-over and initial operations.
- Ensure the Welding is executed to specified Company and International standards and specifications.
- Provide technical expertise, procedures, and technical review and support capabilities in the area of DSS piping, pipeline welding and cladding to the Project Teams.
- Participate in the execution of the EPCC (Engineer, Procure, Construct and Commission) contract for the Project; This includes responsibility for the provision of welding engineering input, resource and support towards the completion.
- Participate in project engineering activities related to the project's multidisciplinary nature, including discipline and inter-discipline review of design deliverables, participation in HAZOPS and design reviews; and monitor follow-up of recommendations.
- Carry out all piping/cladding/welding activities associated with the construction and pre-commissioning of the facilities (e.g. preparation of construction drawing/documents, site construction and installation, hook-up, pre-start up audits, as-built drawings).
- Manage all aspects of CASHES (Community Affairs, Health, Environment and Security) and quality issues on the project, during the construction phase; with particular emphasis on potential Community Disturbances.
- Manage the QA/QC process during the construction phase, and demonstrate Technical Integrity of the facilities to the requirements of the ISO 14001 system during the Operations phase.
- In interface with Asset teams, ensure that specified piping/welding/cladding philosophies and requirements take into account commissioning, start-up, HSE and Operational requirements of the facilities and align with the Operations Philosophy.
- Prepare monthly Project Progress Reports for Senior Management.
Qualifications & Experience
- 12 years’ experience in controlling X-ray quality welding with of Carbon Steel, Duplex Steel, Low
temperature Carbon Steel during execution of major projects.
- 10 years of experience as a Welding Specialist in Fabrications out of which 6 years could be as
Project Engineer or Construction Engineer in Oil and Gas, will be preferred.