Commissioning Specialist (3 Nos)
Roles & Responsibilities
- The incumbent performs the essential commissioning management job duties and functions of a new build with the overall objective of defining and establishing a pre-commissioning / commissioning / trails and handover execution framework on the project(s) and ensuring the safety, quality, value, timeliness, of the assigned project(s).
- Developing, managing and executing all commissioning and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
- Manage & supervise the commissioning of various systems including MV Electrical System, Closed Bus System; Generator Engines, Thrusters and large Machinery Systems; Mechanical and Piping Systems; Integrated Automation Systems; Safety and Fire Systems; Dynamic Positioning, Control & Reference Systems; Offshore Crane Ancillary Utilities; Pipe Handling and Pipe Tensioning System; Position Mooring Systems; Active Heave Compensation etc.
- Work closely with various stakeholders including the Project Manager, Engineering Managers, and the Construction Team to provide subject-matter expert advice and leadership. Responsible for functionally developing, managing and delivering the means and methods of the commissioning execution strategy, schedule and cost.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
- Electronics– Knowledge of electronic theory and practice including materials, diagrams and methods used in the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic control devices. Knowledge of equipment used in electrical construction and repair.
- Significant experience in welding engineering design and construction.
- Experience in piping/pipeline engineering and in EPCC Contract management.
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills with good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentation) are essential.
- Be able to constantly travel to all project locations.
- Knowledge in ASME, AWS, ISO, API codes
Qualifications & Experience
- 15 years’ experience in commissioning of various electrical/instrumentation/HVAC/piping/equipment systems as a part of execution of major projects
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in Construction new builds/upgrades and conversion with at least 5 years as Commissioning Manager. Have worked in similar roles in heavy-lift & pipe-lay projects.
- Experience in developing and implementing detailed commissioning execution plans and schedules using modular fabrication and skid-built construction techniques.
- Functional knowledge of pre-commissioning, turnover, commissioning, operations and maintenance technology.